Lovin' it Nappy: My Sisterlocks Journey

My journey of going from relaxer, to natural to Sisterlocks. Come along with me and learn how to love that which God gave you naturally!!

Saturday, November 03, 2007



Well, I haven't posted in soooo long...I hope I remember how to do it!!! Really, life has been coming at such a fast pace that I haven't had two minutes to think, let alone write down those fleeting thoughts. I'm still lovin' my locks, maybe more than ever before. I'm really digging the length now. I can do now that the weather is turning cold up here in C-town. I must admit, I haven't done a lot of styling lately, but last night I decided to cornrow my hair for the crinkle look. Well, I was very pleased with the results as you see here. My only question is why after braiding I end up with lots of stray hairs at the ends of my locks. I know I probably shouldn't trim, but I can't rock my style with all of those strays everywhere. Anyone have any thoughts?

6 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Naturally Sophia said…

    Very nice and I didn't even notice the stray locs. We always notice things on our locs others don't. I think you and your hair is beau-ti-ful.

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    I've always beens such a fan of your braidout. Very cute!

    I don't see the strays either. So I guess you should use your best judgement.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Amba said…

    I love your hair Linda and like the other comments prior to mine the stray locs don't show. That updo in the last posting was really pretty.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Well, thank you ladies for your comments. I agree we are probably our own worst critics when it comes to our hair. I do appreciate my hair more in photos then when I look at myself in the mirror. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I think when I'm looking in the mirror I become hyper-critical as I analyze each individual lock. Thanks again for the kind words. Be blessed

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lakia said…

    beautiful! I luv your locs!

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Ms Stella said…

    I love looking at your hair because it reminds me of mine. I hope that doesn't sound self centered. I just rarely see any one else with locks the size and length of mine no matter how many blogs I look at.

    I often have the little stray hairs at the ends of my locks also. I have only snipped a few of them. I'm afraid to do too much clipping since most of my ends aren't sealed yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home