Lovin' it Nappy: My Sisterlocks Journey

My journey of going from relaxer, to natural to Sisterlocks. Come along with me and learn how to love that which God gave you naturally!!

Saturday, February 03, 2007


Here's a really curly look. I took time and put in all 60 soft spike curlers and boy did I have curls!! I guess this is what I have to do, put more curlers in utilizing less hair per curler. Maybe I'm slow, but it took me almost 45 minutes to get them in. I did use the JML setting lotion. So these pictures are from the end of day one. I am anxious to see how long they will last, my experience has been they are out in 2 days. I'm going to have a tightening this week. So, I'm excited to see how much appreciable growth I have.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Oh gosh Linda. I didn't realize you weren't using all your SS in small sections already. In fact for me, I don't have enough and have been procrastinating in ordering another pack. When you take the ss out - I found it better to not finger comb the curls, just around the face a little. That helps them last a bit longer too.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    Very cute curls!!!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Creyole said…

    Cute look! SSC don't give me that kind of look yet. I think I'm going to continue using my rods until my locks are long enough.

    Good work!

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    I guess I was being lazy:) I was using most of them (about 45) most of the time. But now I know I can't shortcut. I must admit though they looked flat today when I got up. I'll see what happens after working out. Thanks ladies for the support.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    I like :) Very nice!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger KDL said…

    I really like the SS look. I am now on day 7 of my set. I agree with Tanya (goodnapps) don't pull them apart too much. Mine seem to last forever!

    Check me out when you get a chance, you've been tagged!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home