Labels: Sisterlockin' cousins
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Labels: Welcome to the Family
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Friday, February 15, 2008
My lastest updo!! My daughter once again helped me create a fabulous style. I love this look but don't usually have the patience to do it myself. I am so excited that I am coming up on my two year lock anniversary!! I am constantly getting compliments and have had so many people recently recognize that I indeed have Sister Locks. Several women have stated that they are ready for SL's and I have passed on my consultant's name. One thing I must admit though is I hate having my locks tightened. It usually takes about 5 hours for either of my two consultants to do my head. I don't know if I have an unusally big head or lots of locks. I've never bothered to count them. After about 3 hours, my butt hurts (I don't know why I have lots of padding) and my neck starts to get stiff. The process itself even hurts my scalp. I think that since I don't do a lot of manipulation of my hair on a daily basis that I have become "tender headed". I don't know exactly what it is but besides the good company and the luxury of having someone shampoo and condition my hair, I don't look forward to the process. Is this true for anyone else?
Well, I've been tagged and its been awhile so here goes:
1. I teach nursing at both the graduate and undergraduate level at Case Western Reserve University.
2. I love to work out, but this wasn't always true.
3. While I think beauty comes in all sizes, I certainly was not healthy when I was a size 22. I am only 5'2" and that was tough on my joints not to mention I was short of breath with most any activity. I lost 50 lbs about 8 years ago. I have kept most of it off, but trying to lose about 15 more lbs in the next several months.
4. I am a romantic and love weddings. I have coordinated a few and done flowers for many.
5. I have a red Turbo charged, 6 speed Audi. I didn't set out to get a red car, but it suits me well in my mid life.
6. Last but not least I am contemplating returning to school as the student to persue my doctorate degree. I am praying and seeking the Lord's guidance on this one folks.
I know I have to tag 6 others and I will do that on my next post. It is late and my hubby is snoring next to me. Good night and God bless
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Well, I haven't posted in soooo long...I hope I remember how to do it!!! Really, life has been coming at such a fast pace that I haven't had two minutes to think, let alone write down those fleeting thoughts. I'm still lovin' my locks, maybe more than ever before. I'm really digging the length now. I can do now that the weather is turning cold up here in C-town. I must admit, I haven't done a lot of styling lately, but last night I decided to cornrow my hair for the crinkle look. Well, I was very pleased with the results as you see here. My only question is why after braiding I end up with lots of stray hairs at the ends of my locks. I know I probably shouldn't trim, but I can't rock my style with all of those strays everywhere. Anyone have any thoughts?
Friday, July 06, 2007
Labels: The Cake Assortment