Lovin' it Nappy: My Sisterlocks Journey

My journey of going from relaxer, to natural to Sisterlocks. Come along with me and learn how to love that which God gave you naturally!!

Friday, July 06, 2007























I must say, I did represent for the SL'ed ladies. I did a braid out that I curled at the tips. My daughter put it up in an updo and the rest was history. It is amazing how non-natural sista's kept asking, "What are you going to do with your hair?" It was the bomb!!! I was happy to have enough length to do the updo. My cousin was there from CA, and she has been rockin' SL's for about 6-7 years. Her hair comes down almost to her waist. Somebody out there took a picture of the two of us after the ceremony, so when I got a copy, I will post it. Her locks are fantastic!! She is an inspiration for those of us who are still at the beginning of the journey. Well, enjoy the pictures and keep the couple in your prayers.


12 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Goodnapps said…

    You look absolutely beautiful!

    I love that updo.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thanks girl. I'm just glad that it is finally over!! Now, I can get back to other things in life including blogging!!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look fantastic and your hair turned out great! I am in a wedding in April and will be locked 9 months by then and my hope is that I will have this type of length to put it up beautifully like this!! Thanks for the inspiration!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Dstdiva,
    Your hair is long now, so I am fairly confident that you will be able to have an updo as well!! Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said…

    You and your hair look so beautiful!!!! CONGRATULATIONS to the Groom and Bride!!!! In the mere future you will be blogging about being a grandma (smile)....but their time :)

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Naturalist1 said…

    Very nice.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your hair was so cute!!!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous!!!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Aya said…

    Oh my, how beautiful you look!! I'm sure those non-sisterlocked sister's couldn't keep their eyes off of your head (-:

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your hair looks great! I just saw your comments for me on Maryee's Exchange. Thank you! I do color my own hair, but I try not to do it too often.

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Creyole said…

    How nice, you really out did yourself!

    Creyole

     
  • At 1:27 AM, Blogger brunsli said…

    How pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home